Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Consult

I went to my consult yesterday. Dr Robbins office was really nice and his staff was very friendly and courteous. I was able to fill out my paper work online. I got in with 10 minutes of my appointment time. I did have to fill out insurance information which is weird because I can't imagine my insurance will cover this. They gave me an entire book of before and after pictures to look at which just got me excited. Dr. Robbins was so nice. He answered all my questions. He said he will be able to get rid of almost all my stretch marks with is awesome because they go up half way between my my belly button and bra line. HE also said he will fix my muscles which have been weakened and have spread form pregnancy. For the first week I will basically need a lot of care and help with my children. I will wear an abdominal binder and have two drains. He will take out the drains after a week. I wear the binder for a month. He said someone with my previous surgical history I should recovery fairly quickly. Most moms who have had c-sections find after a month they feel pretty good. My plan is to take a month off a work and school. My mother is awesome and has agreed to take care of the first week. I am a pretty whinny patient lol so she is in for it. The surgery itself is going to cost a little more than I thought but I am getting the best which I think is worth it. I thought it was only going to be around $6000.  Including anesthesia and facility fees it will be $7950. I know, WOW that's a lot. I thought about just saying forget it but seriously the timing between school is perfect. I don't know when I would have the money or time to do it if I decided to wait. I think it will tax money well spent. My pre op is schedules for March 7 and they will go over the details of the surgery then. My surgery is scheduled for March 20. Thats a little over a month. I am so excited but nervous at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...