Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Good bye drains

So I made it a week post op. I went for mt post op appointment today. Dr Robbins took my drains out. It was so weird. I could feel the drains move inside me. My left side hurt to take out but that side has been sore. It wasn't too bad. it was over quickly. My dr. said I am looking good, obviously I have tons of swelling but that is normal. I am avoiding salt, minimizing my caffeine and eating pineapple to to help with swelling. The compression garment I got didn't fit right and was not firm enough so now i am on the hunt for a new one. I have to wear one for 4 weeks. I would like to find one that is more comfortable and less bulky that what I have. I took some new pics. Some of how I look in my clothes with my compression garment. My swelling without my drains. I am feeling pretty good. I wear out easily and still need a lot of help with household things. Overall I feel like I am doing really well. its going to be another 4-5 weeks before I can exercise, do much lifting ext. I am able to take my binder of for a little while each day while I rest in my chair. MY belly button is slowly healing. I am supposed to peroxide it and then take a shower right away. i am looking forward to hopefully shaving my legs soon lol, In 3 days I can start scar therapy (I got some scar treatment at the surgeons) and will use coconut oil. This surgery was totally worth it to me. I am so glad  I got this done.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...