Friday, March 1, 2013

Pre op do's and dont's

So it is really starting to sink in. Surgery in 3 weeks. I have a pre op with my surgeon the the 7th and a pre op blood work and physical with my regular doctor on the 14th. Dr Robbins sent me a packet of pre op information. It was a lot of information. There are a lot of do's and don'ts and a few things I need to get.

2 weeks prior to surgery
- No aspirin or ibuprofen
-No herbal medications
- No diet pills
- No smoking
- No Drinking
- only take tylenol
- only take medicine ok'd previously by Dr. Robbins
-Foods to avoid in larger quantities
     - Ginger, Cumin, Licorice, Wine,Vinegar, Cider, Garlic, Onion, Ginko, Vitamin E, Willow Bark and Omega -3 fatty acid.

1 week prior to surgery
- use a germ- inhibiting soap for bathing such as Dial, safeguard or Lever 2000.

So a list of things I need to get.
1. Prescriptions (they will call them in the friday before surgery, which is awesome)
2. Tylonel
3. Motrin
4. Multivitamin
5. germ inhibiting soap
6. Dry skin lotion
7. colace
8. some baggy sweats and t-shirts (stuff thats cheap and I don't care about in case my drains leak)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...