So it is really starting to sink in. Surgery in 3 weeks. I have a pre op with my surgeon the the 7th and a pre op blood work and physical with my regular doctor on the 14th. Dr Robbins sent me a packet of pre op information. It was a lot of information. There are a lot of do's and don'ts and a few things I need to get.
2 weeks prior to surgery
- No aspirin or ibuprofen
-No herbal medications
- No diet pills
- No smoking
- No Drinking
- only take tylenol
- only take medicine ok'd previously by Dr. Robbins
-Foods to avoid in larger quantities
- Ginger, Cumin, Licorice, Wine,Vinegar, Cider, Garlic, Onion, Ginko, Vitamin E, Willow Bark and Omega -3 fatty acid.
1 week prior to surgery
- use a germ- inhibiting soap for bathing such as Dial, safeguard or Lever 2000.
So a list of things I need to get.
1. Prescriptions (they will call them in the friday before surgery, which is awesome)
5. germ inhibiting soap
6. Dry skin lotion
8. some baggy sweats and t-shirts (stuff thats cheap and I don't care about in case my drains leak)